Also known as intense pulsed light or Photo facial
A clear complexion is something many people want, but even with the most meticulous skincare regimen, blemish-free skin can be difficult to achieve. Photorejuvenation, which uses Intense Pulsed Light (IPL)
technology, can help reduce the appearance of some of the most common skin woes, including brown spots, melasma, broken capillaries and sun spots. This minimally invasive skin procedure can also treat signs of aging such as wrinkles or age spots. There’s very little recovery time and few side effects, making it a popular procedure.
When to Consider IPL / Photo Rejuvenation
- If you want to improve the look of your skin without undergoing a full surgical procedure
- If you have redness, brown spots or scarring on your skin
- If you would like to reduce pore size, fine wrinkles and improve skin texture
- Little to no downtime
- Relatively long-lasting improvements in skin quality and texture can be achieved
- Can be performed anywhere on the body
- Several treatments may be required before full effects are seen
- Not as effective for tanned or darker skin
- Must stay out of the sun after each treatment
These are the top three pros and cons to weigh when considering IPL / Photo Rejuvenation. If you want to focus on what is unique to you, please consult with your aesthetic plastic surgeon.
Are you a good candidate for a IPL / Photo Rejuvenation?
If you are routinely frustrated by any of the skin problems below, then Photo Rejuvenation can be a good choice:
- Hyper pigmentation (brown spots)
- Texture problems
- Large, visible pores
- Excessive flushing
- Age and sun spots
- Broken capillaries
- Spider veins
- Stretch marks
If you are in good general health, have a positive attitude and realistic expectations, you are most likely a good candidate for this procedure.
How is a IPL/ Photo Rejuvenation procedure performed?
Photo Rejuvenation uses a unique technique known as pulsed light therapy to treat skin blemishes. Essentially, this technology shines bright, intense light on various parts of the skin. You will wear an eye mask to protect your eyes. Enhanced collagen production can fill in fine lines or wrinkles on the face as well as some shallow acne scars. IPL technology also reduces flushing and discoloration on the skin.
Your technician may also recommend complementary treatments to help you achieve your goal. Sometimes the use of laser skin resurfacing or a chemical peel in conjunction with Photo Rejuvenation will provide the best results!